“We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” ~E. M. Foster
I’m a planner. I make lists and goals. I’m in to details. And, I love to finish projects. Wasting time and leaving things undone is very hard for me.
But this year, I decided to give uncertainty a chance. To be creative, I need to invite any direction my writing takes me. So, I defined my writing goal oddly this year: “to see where my writing takes me.”
Would a goal like this drive you nuts? Or, do you wish that you could let go and let be more often? I’ve always been someone who likes every question answered before I move forward on a decision. For me, embracing uncertainty is new territory.
It’s a work in progress, but I feel freer not having all the answers. I strive to observe life’s unfolding with wonder and curiosity. Learning to adjust to what is, instead of waiting for what if.
Observing What Blooms
If I would have waited to be a great writer, or to know everything about blogging, I would have never opened the door to this opportunity. Instead, I jumped into the land of uncertainty, learning as I go, and launched Liberating Choices a year ago on August 9, 2010:
- To interact with my readers and invite an exchange of ideas
- To practice and improve my writing skills
- To turn the recession into an opportunity (my first post)
I’m surprised that I have written over 50 blog posts over the past year. And, I’m excited to still have many ideas that are waiting to sprout and grow. To help me celebrate my blogging birthday, I am recognizing the blooms by sharing my favorite posts.
My 10 Favorite Posts Written for Liberating Choices:
- Have You Found Your Pocket of Sunshine Today?
- 5 Ripple Making Steps to Liberate a Life
- How to Bust Supermom Burnout
- Uncover the Silver Lining in a Stormy Economy
- Crush Stress with Loads of Laughter
- Release Stormy Tension with Musical Vibrations
- Squash Perfectionism by Embracing All of You
- 10 Ways to Let Your Breath Comfort You
- Find Your Lost Self in a Journal
- Encounter Meaning Amidst Disaster
My Favorite Posts Written for Other Blogs:
- We Blog Better – Finding Blogging Inspiration by Coming to Your Senses
- Psychology, Philosophy, and Real Life – 3 Missing Ingredients for Fabulous Facebook Connections
- Be More with Less – How to Enjoy Your Weekend Like a Minimalist
Are you experiencing uncertain times? I hope you find inspiration here to give bloom to your situation. Each of us have more learning, discovery, and territory to explore. So, embrace uncertainty and observe the blooms along the way.
“I wanted a perfect ending. Now I’ve learned, the hard way, that some poems don’t rhyme, and some stories don’t have a clear beginning, middle and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what’s going to happen next.” ~Gilda Radner
When is uncertainty a blessing in disguise?
Have a story to share where your choices are liberating you? I would love to share your story this month. Pitch your idea here.
Photo Credit: Marci Payne