“Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.” By Vivian Greene
We spend so much time trying to avoid stress and conflict, only to find more. What would happen if we embrace hard times? Finding joy amidst the stormiest days. Knowing this too will pass. The clouds will clear and light will return.
I have always listened to music to soothe my soul, ignite my body, and clear my mind. What about you? I know I’m not the only one. My daughter even has a special song she listens to when I’m mad at her!
Music may not change your fears, but it will improve your mood. Studies show that “students were more optimistic, joyful, friendly, relaxed, and calm, while less pessimistic and sad” after listening to music.
Bring out the tunes. Turn up the volume. Get your groove on. Release tension with musical vibrations.
10 Ways to Release Tension with Music
2. Borrow CDs from the library to explore new sounds and artists.
3. Attend free local concerts in the park
4. Learn to play a musical instrument
5. Dance in your living room.
6. Take a dance class.
7. Listen to the sounds of nature.
8. Learn the words to a song or make up your own.
9. Pretend you are a star on American Idol.
10. Watch your favorite music videos on You Tube.
“Dance like nobody’s watching. Love like you’ve never been hurt. Sing like nobody’s listening. Live like it’s heaven on earth.” – Mark Twain
What song do you listen to when you need a pick me up?
Thank you to those who answered my survey. You’ve spoken and chosen to hear more Liberating Choices for Self, Emotions, Parenting, and Relationships.
Photo Credit: Kelsey (Love Fusion)